[GRLUG] usb stuff

Adam Erickson adam at openfad.com
Sun Aug 22 15:10:34 EDT 2010

On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 11:44 AM, Bob Kline <bob.kline at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a Sansa unit, so far unused.
> Could you please string a few words
> together about what you use to download
> files to it?
>    -- Bob

What exact type of situation are you having a problem with?

In simplest ways I use it like a USB thumb-drive.
Make sure you are using the supported audio and video formats
 and just place them in the correct directory and Sansa should pick it up.
There should be a music and video directory (if yours does video that is);

BONUS
I can also plug the charging USB cord into my JVC car stereo USB port
and use the stereo to listen to audio files in several directories as
it charges my Sansa.

Previously I thought I could only control audio with the Sansa when
you use a audio cord to go from the Sansa headphone jack to the radios
input jack .

Best Regards,

Adam M. Erickson