[GRLUG] FS type 72, 74, /dev/sda1p1, /deb/sda1p2

Jeff DeFouw jeffd at i2k.com
Sun Aug 22 13:49:01 EDT 2010

On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 12:23:39PM -0500, L. V. Lammert wrote:
> Just had a friend bring a laptop by for recovery, .. and the HD has a
> config I have never seen before.
>
> Partition 1, /dev/sda1p1, type 72
> Partition 2, /dev/sda1p2, type 75
>
> Partion 3 shows Novell Netware
> Partition 4 show blank
>
> [Reading with fdisk from a System Rescue CD.]

Why do you list /dev/sda1p1 and sda1p2?  That makes it sound like you're
trying to read a partition table from a partition (sda1), and not the
MBR (sda).

I think I've seen a built-in recovery partition configured as something
unusual to keep it hidden, but the first two don't make any sense.

--
Jeff DeFouw <jeffd at i2k.com>