[GRLUG] xorg.conf

Chase Bolen chase.bolen at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 00:33:39 EDT 2010

Just yesterday I fixed a friend's Ubuntu laptop that had started booting
to a blank screen after the last xorg update.  Trying to see what had
been misconfigured, I noticed that there was no xorg.conf.  I created a
new one from a backup, and suddenly xorg worked fine.  So, it looks like
you can still put override settings in xorg.conf.