[GRLUG] VOIP "Dialtone"

mailtonick mailtonick at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 16:48:15 EDT 2010

We use at&t IP Flex. It's a single T1 line for data "bundled" with 12
channels for phone. Each incoming call uses 28kb, which is released
upon call completion. A big question was whether faxing would work -
at&t didn't know,  wouldn't promise anything. After a couple of tweaks
on rightfax and by at&t, it worked. The voice quality is very good.
Yet, I'd recommend the path you're considering over ours. Their
implementation was terrible, it took about 5 months for them to get it
right.

I'll be replacing our internal system with an asterisk-based one
shortly. A couple of asterisk experts I've talked to, 4 months ago,
weren't entirely confident about integrating faxing with an asterisk
solution. Maybe that's changing now.

Nick