[GRLUG] Amerisure ditches its PCs, goes all virtual

peyeps at iserv.net peyeps at iserv.net
Tue Apr 13 04:33:37 EDT 2010

If you get a call from a customer with a problem with an application, some
times, the best solution is to shut down the application reboot the
machine and force a re-load of the application.  The trouble is, if the
application is running on a Citrix server, this doesn't accomplish
anything.  You need to have the user track down whoever it is who manages
the Citrix system, and get the profile of that user re-set.  I've never
found out exactly what it is that is done, the user will just tell me that
it is working fine now.  Frustrating.  Too many levels removed from where
the real work is done.