[GRLUG] wifi connection drops under Ubuntu

Joshua Hulst josh at hulst.ws
Thu Apr 8 19:32:31 EDT 2010

On Thursday 08 April 2010 19:22:55 John-Thomas Richards wrote:
> I'm using NetworkManager.

NetworkManager can be a bit funny.  From this bug report,
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/407040 it looks like the
driver may be to blame.

If the disconnects are happening at regular intervals, I would guess that you
are having the same problem as the reporter where NM is scanning for access
points which throws off the current connection.

I'd recommend disabling NM and installing WICD and see if that helps...

Josh