[GRLUG] new mouse

peyeps at iserv.net peyeps at iserv.net
Sun Apr 4 15:16:29 EDT 2010

> For the experienced "Ballers" on the list, do you find the finger ball
> better than the thumb ball?

The logitec Marble Mouse does not have a scroll wheel.  It is a four
button "mouse", of which I use the traditional two, left and right button.
 I would guess the ball is between 1 and two inches in diameter.  It is
not a small ball.

Two fingers run the ball, pointing and index finger, and right ring finger
hadles the right button, and thumb the left button.

For up and down movement, from tips of fingers to second joint on the
finger will give me about a 75 percent movement over the screen before I
have to take my fingers off the ball.  Moving left to right, about half
the screen can be traversed by rolling the ball from left to right side of
two fingers.

For high speed mouse movement, I'll switch to four finger marble rolling.

The mouse is large enough to fit my hand comfortably.