[GRLUG] WMNTUG Windows 7 Meeting

Bruce Smith blubdog at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 08:52:52 EDT 2009

>> This isn't happening until next month, but Ubuntu will have ext4 as
>> default in 9.10
>>
> I've been using it in all of my 9.04 machines with no mishap to report
> (yet.)

Ditto, ext4 since 9.04 (April? :)  and no problems (yet).

It also fixed a lot of problems I was having with xfs.

My VMware virtual disk was previously on a xfs partition and my XP VM
was so slow it was unusable.  Some research reviled problems with xfs
handling large files.  Now, with ext4, vmware runs at an acceptable
speed, and some other things seem to be faster too.

 - BS