[GRLUG] Subject: Sign up Now for GLSEC

Casey DuBois casey at grlug.org
Thu Oct 1 09:14:35 EDT 2009

----------------------------------
Subject: Sign up Now for GLSEC

Sign up now for this year’s Great Lakes Software Excellence Conference
(GLSEC) <http://www.glsec.org/> that is being held on Monday,  Nov. 16 and
Tuesday, Nov. 18 at the Prince Center, Calvin College Campus, Grand Rapids,
Michigan.

First day (Nov. 16) tutorial
topics<http://www.glsec.org/pages/Tutorials_2009>and speakers include:

   - Natural Laws of Software Development by Ron Jeffries and Chet
   Hendrickson
   - An Introduction to FLEX by Jeremy Anderson, Atomic Object
   - Test Pairing: How to use test pairing as a method by Karen Johnson
   - Help! I’ve Got a Sharepoint Site by Becky Bertram
   - Get Started with Powershell by Pat Bailey
   - Testing for the Web (Performance, Accessability etc by Jeff McWherter

On the second day (Nov. 17),  some of this year's topics will include:

   - Good Communication without Saying a
Word<http://glsec.org/pages/Program_2009#Bailey>
   - Eggs, Beef, and Agile. What Does 'Grade' Have to do With Project
   Quality? <http://glsec.org/pages/Program_2009#Beeson>
   - Improving our Craft: A Discussion on Software
Estimation<http://glsec.org/pages/Program_2009#Eaton>
   - What's the Right Level of
Testing?<http://glsec.org/pages/Program_2009#Scruggs>
   - JCI Experience Report: Using Agile Methods to Deploy Useful
Processes<http://glsec.org/pages/Program_2009#Timmerman>

Early bird registration, a savings of $50, is open until October 15th.
Register today to become a part of one of the Midwest’s most diverse and
inspirational software conferences. Participation is limited to 120 and last
year sold out, so don’t miss your chance to attend one of this year’s
paramount events.

To register, or for more information, please visit our website at
http://www.glsec.org <http://www.glsec.com>.

--
 *Gert Wallis*
Software Development Proffesional