[GRLUG] Offer to Host Meeting

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 19:14:28 EST 2009

Meh. I like the informal approach. It's easy to fall into the trap of
bylaws, positions, policies and rules for rules' sake.  Whenever I see
people first approach the problem of community organization, I see
them try to turn the community into a well-oiled machine, and then get
frustrated and angry when people are chaotic or take initiative.  I've
also seen people run for position and office primarily to get the line
item on their resume, and I've *never* seen that work out well for the
community that put them there.