[GRLUG] XMPP Proxy/Middleware Service?

Jay Zuverink jayzuv at yahoo.com
Wed May 27 14:58:45 EDT 2009

Blab_lite40 installed on clients???  http://hot-things.net/?q=blite

________________________________
From: Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam at whitemice.org>
To: grlug at grlug.org
Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 12:56:12 PM
Subject: [GRLUG] XMPP Proxy/Middleware Service?

We are attempting to integrate our XMPP services (chat/IM) into the
latest version of our Intranet (which is essentially a PHP mash-up).

We have a basic chat application that runs on the site using the JSJaC
<http://blog.jwchat.org/jsjac/>.  It "works" but isn't really robust
enough for deployment.

So what I've been looking for is some kind of XMPP proxy service;  where
a daemon/service connects to the XMPP server and allows the web client
to poll or perform operations on the connection [and times out the
connection on inactivity].  The utility of something like that seems
pretty obvious but browsing around I haven't been able to find such a
beast;  has anyone seen something along those lines?