[GRLUG] NEXT GRLUG Meeting Tuesday JUNE 2nd

Ben Rousch brousch at gmail.com
Wed May 20 12:06:58 EDT 2009

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 10:55 AM, Adam Tauno Williams <
awilliam at whitemice.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 2009-05-18 at 10:17 -0400, Ben Rousch wrote:
> > Wow, what a list!
> > From your canned presentations, I'd like to see:
> > PostgreSQL
> > OpenGroupware
> > Samba
> > LDAP
>
> Do you have any specific questions / areas-of-interest relating to the
> above topics?

My reasons for being interested in those topics are pretty selfish, but here
you go:
  PostgreSQL: I am just starting to move from MS Access to PostgreSQL as our
company's main database. I would be most interested in features that pg has
that I did not use in Access (schemas, transactions, macros).
OpenGroupware: We currently use Zimbra 4.5 for email, contacts, and
calendar. I am always interested in other non-Exchange solutions.
Samba: I loved Samba 2 and have used it for a long time. Samba 3 introduced
a lot of new things that I have yet to wrap my head around.
LDAP: I've never been able to grok LDAP. I have a feeling I should be using
it, but how and where?