[GRLUG] FATE stuff.

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 00:40:35 EDT 2009

So I'm trying to set up my new Samsung Omnia to do builds as part of
the FATE project, since I've come to the conclusion that all existing
media players for my phone suck. (see http://multimedia.cx)

To do this, I essentially need three things:
1. A sufficiently secure shell
2. A means of doing file transfers

So far, I've found that there's no cheap/free, stable sshd for
PocketPC, and no Cygwin support.  So that rules out the two most
obvious options for Linux-like secure shells and file transfers.
PocketPC supports running a telnet daemon which executes cmd.exe, but
support for those were removed before this firmware went RTM.

I did find a version of OpenVPN that works with PocketPC, so I can at
least get a secure connection.  With that in mind, I'm considering
writing my own telnet daemon and rudimentary shell with ZMODEM
support.

I realize this is a LUG mailing list, but most of you whom I've met
work in or manage large corporate environments where it seems that
encountering WinMo would be likely; I'm hoping at least a few of you
tinkered with it...