[GRLUG] Dropped from mailing list.

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 11:30:43 EDT 2009

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 9:05 AM, John-Thomas Richards <jtr at jrichards.org> wrote:
> In all seriousness, this list has extraordinary lulls in posting
> activity.  We see a flurry of activity and then a prolonged period with
> no posts.  It's weird.  I've been on a number of lists over the years.
> Some are sporadic and some are constant, but I've never seen one so up
> and down as GRLUG has been lately.

On three separate occasions in the last two weeks, I started writing
an email to GRLUG to ask for advice on questions I was facing as admin
of Rosetta Code, but I always seemed to find a sufficient answer in
the process of hashing out my question for posting; A text edit field
apparently makes a great sounding board.

I've also avoided plugging RC when I've added new features, for fear
of being offtopic.  But for the sake of something for folks to
ruminate over, I'll go ahead and write up an announcement and detailed
explanation of one feature I'm particularly pleased with, so you guys
can examine and critique my implementation and approach. :-)