[GRLUG] python app speed

Ben DeMott ben.demott at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 10:36:44 EDT 2009

Should be typed.... Java and .Net are measurably slower than Python,
especially Java, and especially in real world applications.

Python does not remove the possibility of procedural code - therefore if you
are a smart little coder you can write awesome code that doesn't need
Garbage Collection!!! (a novel idea)

Even Closures can be manually 'garbage collected'.

I need someone on here who has some common sense and doesn't think "Managed
Code" is the cure all, solve all, only way to code.

Many services in Linux are actually Python applications running all the time
in the background, and many many servers I've written are python
applications.

Any program that is written Object Oriented will suffer a performance loss
over a procedural program.

#include "unp.h"
void
str_echo (int sockfd)