[GRLUG] Mass Market Software

john-thomas richards jtr at jrichards.org
Wed Jul 15 11:24:47 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 10:40:34AM -0400, Michael Mol wrote:
[snip]

> One of the reasons I love Linux is that I can browse through the repos
> and find interesting software and ideas I didn't know I had a use for
> until I found them.  Cygwin *kinda* allows that, but not really; It
> *really* needs an overhaul of its package management.

Okay, *way* off-topic, but I must say that an occasional perusal through
synaptic (I've heard of it described as an iTunes store, but free) can
be immensely enjoyable.  Oftentimes it is a small tool that just does
something well for me.  I've found interesting window managers this way
(yet I always go back to e16, now e17).  It's a great experience to
discover something available and free.  :-)

[snip]
--
john-thomas
------