[GRLUG] amazon EC2 and/or Eucalyptus?

Nick Suravaramn mailtonick at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 20:08:17 EDT 2009

I haven't used Eucalyptus, I haven't used RHEL 2.4 on Amazon...

I played with Amazon EC2 to test viability for a project. Once I had the
security configured and keys setup, it was straightforward.  I decided to
use the provided machine Images, windows and redhat. It was trial and error
to find one with basic install and a default password. Hopefully they are
better identified now. Took me about 2 hours to get it going. Fun project.
My total cost was < $10.

I ended up not using it because of our bandwidth issues, and SLA deficiency.
I think they've since come out with a decent SLA.

Nick