[GRLUG] Status of things

Steve Romanow slestak989 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 15:32:16 EDT 2009

Ben Rousch wrote:

>     But good source material is the first step. :)
>
>     I might suggest using VNC server on the machine in question to pull
>     high-quality video source directly from any computerized presentation
>     if there's no human being in front of the camera, but that could be a
>     tricky thing to arrange, and would require a wired connection for
>     latency's sake.
>

> I think there is screen-casting software created just for this purpose.
>

> --
>  Ben Rousch
>  brousch at gmail.com <mailto:brousch at gmail.com>
>  http://ishmilok.blogspot.com/
One problem I think we'll have to get around is we always present from
our own boxes.  This will make it difficult for a 3rd party to have a
connection that is worthwhile, because they would have to establish a
vnc connection for the current presenter.  We would have to standardize,
or figure sth out.