[GRLUG] Status of things

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 14:00:07 EDT 2009

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 1:40 PM, Ben Rousch<brousch at gmail.com> wrote:

> I had a little discussion with a licensing expert in #ubuntu-us-mi and he
> clarified a few things for me:
>
> 1. Any All Rights Reserved images in the video or document need to have
> legal permission to appear, or they must be removed/blurred/etc.
> 2. The person who makes the actual recording is the copyright holder on the
> video. In this particular case, that is Michael Mol.

Oh, lovely.  I'm not particularly impressed with my own recording in
this case, either.  Ah well.  If this is going to be a regular thing,
maybe we can get a mounted camera that can stream DV to a Linux box, a
hands-free kit to capture presenter speech, and a hanging omni mic or
two to capture table talk.

> So I propose this rather lengthy beginning and ending sequence for the
> video:
>
> Screen 1:
> OpenGroupware: Presented by Adam Tuano Williams
>
> At the 8 July 2009
> Grand Rapids Linux Users Group Meeting
>
> Filmed by: Michael Mol
> Edited by: Ben Rousch
>
> Screen 2:
> This recording of "OpenGroupware: Presented by Adam Tuano Williams" is
> licensed to Michael Mol under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United
> States License.
> http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/us/

I think that should be "Licensed By"

> The original presentation document "OpenGroupware" is licensed to Adam Tuano
> Williams under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.
> http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/us/
> The original presentation document can be found at <link>

I think that's also supposed to be "Licensed By", as Adam stated it's
his presentation in the first place.  Though I don't know the
particulars of his source imagery.