[GRLUG] Need to buy printer

Godwin godwin at grandrapids-lug.org
Mon Jan 26 17:23:56 EST 2009

Not<$100, but I have an HP Photosmart C6280.  I bought it for myself a
year after buying my in-laws a c5260 (or c5280, I don't remember).
Works w/ Win, Linux (CUPS finds it automagically) and Mac OS X.  It's
a scanner, has a duplexer and it's network ready.  Just for kicks, you
can hit it's built-in webserver and scan a JPEG directly to your
puter.  Yup, who needs scanner drivers.

$129.99 w/ free shipping at Newegg
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16828104715

and cartridges are $11.99 there too.

G-

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 2:06 PM, David Pembrook <david at pembrook.net> wrote:
> ditto on the brother printer! I've had a couple of them between work and
> home and there is nothing cheaper per page than a good monochrome laser.
>
> Actually I have a used MFC-8300 that I could part with. I don't need the
> fax/scanner and have an hp 6L on my desk I love. Contact off list if
> interested.
>
> Matthew Whitaker wrote:
>> I have a brother laser printer (monochrome) that I love.  It's small,
>> has a great power saving mode, and prints perfectly from both windows
>> and linux.  I think you can pick up a similar one (the model I have is
>> no longer for sale) for about $70 on sale.
>>
>> Newegg has it right now for $60 with free shipping:
>> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16828113290
>>

>> On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 12:52 PM, <topher at wcsg.org
>> <mailto:topher at wcsg.org>> wrote:
>>
>>     My turn to ask.  :)  I haven't owned a printer for years, and
>>     never felt
>>     the lack.  Apparently my wife needs one now though.  It'll be
>>     plugged into
>>     my kids windows desktop, but I want to be able to print to it from my
>>     Linux laptop.  I'm assuming I can share it out in wnidows and mount it
>>     with CUPS or something.  I also want some for <$100.
>>
>>     Anyone have a favorite printer that fits that?
>>
>>     Topher

Ubber::Geek
http://grlug.org/