[GRLUG] Future Meeting Idea

Joseph Harnish josephharnish at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 09:55:24 EST 2009

All,

I have been mulling over an idea for an "Open House" type meeting that we
should through together.  With the current economic times I think we should
have a few hour get together where we can have 15 minute presentations of
Linux based OpenSource solutions for products companies are spending way too
much money on.  I think it would be really awesome of our group to have
different people do the 15 minute presentations.

Here are some ideas for presentations:

OpenOffice  (http://openoffice.org)
OrangeHRM (http://www.orangehrm.com/)
DimDim (http://www.dimdim.com/)
JasperReports (
http://jasperforge.org/plugins/project/project_home.php?group_id=102)
OCSInventory (http://www.ocsinventory-ng.org/)
LAMP (Over view of Linux, Apache, MySQL and Pick a Programming Lang :)
Hylafax (http://www.hylafax.org)
Asterisk (http://www.asterisk.org/)
OpenDias (http://essentialcollections.co.uk/openDIAS/)
Joomla (http://www.joomla.org)

With a little bit of Gurilla Marketing I think we could drive a huge number
of IT folks from shops that maybe affraid of Linux/OpenSource but are even
more affraid of their shop closing their doors because they can't afford the
costs of SA's with Microsoft and other large organizations

Thanks

--Joe