[GRLUG] auto mount

Topher topher at wcsg.org
Mon Feb 23 16:05:04 EST 2009

There's a feature that Gnome has that I want outside of gnome.  When you
plug in a USB drive or something, some part of gnome notices, and mounts
it.

I want that, but I don't use gnome.  I'm quite comfortable finding the
id's of my devices and mounting by hand, and most of my common ones I put
in fstab, so it's not all that bad to just do mount -a and it takes care
of it.

But it seems like if Gnome can do it, there should be something that can
do it at the system level as well.

Anyone know how that might work, and whether it's already out there?

Topher