[GRLUG] Open source design tools

Casey DuBois casey at grlug.org
Mon Aug 31 13:28:01 EDT 2009

Hello GRLUG,
I met Denise @ this years BarCampGR and she is looking for assistance.
I don't know the answer but was hoping someone else may, see question below.

Thanks to all for your time and consideration.

Casey DuBois
616-808-6942
casey at grlug.org

I have a question for you. So I'm the citizen journalism coordinator for The
Rapidian, a hyperlocal journalism project, and we're installing open source
design tools on our computers. We want to link to tutorials on open source
design tools but none of us really know these particular tools. As the
organizer for one of the Linux groups, do you know of any good, free online
tutorials or could you put that question to your group? We're launching on
Sept. 15 and are trying to compile a page of resources together before then.
The tools we're installing are:

- Jing for screencasting
- Gimp for Photoshop
- Audacity for audio
- Blender to replace After Effects (full 3D environment)
- Inkscape for Illustrator

Please let me know what you think! Thanks!

www.TheRapidian.org