[GRLUG] Upgrading Firefox

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 21:06:12 EDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 9:02 PM, john-thomas richards<jtr at jrichards.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 08:55:09PM -0400, Ben Rousch wrote:
>> On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 8:46 PM, john-thomas richards <jtr at jrichards.org>wrote:
>>
>> > On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 08:36:03PM -0400, Steve Romanow wrote:
>> > Im sorry, you dont really think U loco's attrbute any technical prowess
>> > to sbdafl?  Generous Businessman, yes, but we know better.  Sorry for top
>> > post, at barber on phone...
>> >
>> > sbdafl?  Google isn't helping me...
>> >

>> sabdafl: Self Appointed Benevolent Dictator For Life
>
> Now I *really* don't know what Steve was saying.

"Just because Mark Shuttleworth is a successful businessman and is In
Charge of Canonical, which holds the Ubuntu name, doesn't mean that
he's technically apt enough to produce a distro put together well from
a technical perspective."

I happen to disagree with the basis of the argument (A successful
businessman is supposed to delegate to people competent in their field
of expertise), but I won't disagree that Ubuntu has a lot of technical
flaws...