[GRLUG] Introduction

Ben DeMott ben.demott at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 16:18:27 EDT 2008

Hey everyone I just wanted to introduce myself - I hope this is the
appropriate place to do it.
My name is Ben Demott, I'm 23 yrs of age.
I am an Engineer / Developer and passionate contributor to the *nix scene.
I've lived in Grand Rapids for awhile now ... and just thought I would try
and expand my horizons and meet some cool people.
My current distro of choice is Fedora 9.
In the past I have used Ubuntu and Slackware.

If anyone ever needs web application help or a website - I am usually a
pretty good person to talk to.

Some humor for the community:  (full page ad, have to click skip at the top
- displays correctly in Firefox 3)
http://www.garyshood.com/root/

Twitter:
A good micro-news site with a small community and good signal to noise ratio
is Y-Combinators 'Hacker News' -->
http://news.ycombinator.com/
Not a replacement for twitter - but you can find a lot of cool people to
follow through there.

Glad to meet everyone, and sorry if I have spammed your mailing list or
offended you in any way :)