[GRLUG] OFF TOPIC Electric Car

John-Thomas Richards jtr at jrichards.org
Thu Nov 20 16:19:08 EST 2008

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 12:05:17PM -0500, Colin Vallance wrote:
> I'm going to nitpick here, but isn't this a *Linux* users group email
> list?  Haven't others been chastised or told to go elsewhere when
> bringing up other topics (I'm thinking windows machines as a past
> example)?

[snip]

The "banning" of the Windows questions in recent memory was more related
to the particular questioner's *demand* that we help him and less related
to the actual topic.  I suspect if one were to ask the occasional question
about Windows on this list and did so *politely* there would be little
(no?) push-back about it.
--
john-thomas
------