[GRLUG] OFF TOPIC Electric Car

Tim Schmidt timschmidt at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 13:11:13 EST 2008

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 12:05 PM, Colin Vallance <grlug at tankrip.com> wrote:
> I'm going to nitpick here, but isn't this a *Linux* users group email
> list?  Haven't others been chastised or told to go elsewhere when
> bringing up other topics (I'm thinking windows machines as a past
> example)?

By all means, feel free to complain or engage some other method toward
arriving at a social consensus.  I doubt you'll get much though, for
the same reason this discussion has been so lively: many of us _want_
to discuss the topic, and it was broached politely - without demands.
Further, the original post asks if there might be a better place for
information, and implies the desire to foster a group that may result
in such a place.

As a whole, LUGs tend not to be hostile to off topic ideas...  but we
do have informal (and sometimes formal!) codes of behavior.  As
evidenced by the popularity of this thread, I believe it passes
muster.

--tim