[GRLUG] OFF TOPIC Electric Car

Collin Kidder adderd at kkmfg.com
Wed Nov 19 11:09:33 EST 2008

I know a couple of people (one in California) who are interested in
electric cars as well. The California man is actually turning an old
1950's Mercedes 190SL into an electric car. The idea is intriguing and
I've done some research on it as well. Currently it seems to normally be
overly expensive and burdensome but the technology keeps improving. At
this point in time it's viable so long as you don't drive more than
about 100 miles a day. And no further than 50 miles from a power outlet. ;-)