[GRLUG] Unix Term Emulator Connection

Adam M. Erickson adam at openfad.com
Mon Nov 17 14:21:33 EST 2008

Is there a way to take an old computers I have laying around and have
it emulate a VT100 or  WYSE60 or just use Telnet  connect to a old
Data General Unix box?

It is on a LAN and would require the Ethernet port.

Telnet works great from windows DOS shell and Linux Command prompt
window but when I try to do it outside a GUI environment I cannot get
the escape keys and other keys to work.

Telnet will connect, but the program  running on the Unix requires F4
to escape and F7, to undo but they do not get sent to the server
correctly. The backspace does not work also.

Auto booting from a CD that connects to the server would be a plus for
when the hard drive dies.

I have search the web over and over but since I do not know much about
Terminal connections I haven't figured out where to start.

Regards,

Adam M. Erickson
ae at openfad.com
"The whole is more than the sum of its parts." - Aristotle