[GRLUG] Netbook OS (was: The battle of the distros)

Benjamin Eavey ben at eavey.com
Tue Nov 11 11:39:48 EST 2008

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 10:39 AM, Colin Vallance <grlug at tankrip.com> wrote:

> So while we're on the topic of distro nitpicking...
>
> Has anyone bought/used any of the "netbooks" that are out?  I'm
> thinking hardware like the Acer Aspire one and the Asus Eeepc.  If so
> what do you think of their custom tweaked linux distros and have you
> swapped them out for something else?

I don't own one, but I've been eying the new Dell Mini:

http://www.dell.com/mini

Anybody have any experience with it?  I'm usually not one for Dells,
but the thing looks slick, and the keyboard seems to be more of a
normal size than what comes with the Eee.  Looks like they can
pre-load it with Ubuntu 8.04, too, if that's something that interests
you...