[GRLUG] List Moderation

Godwin geektoyz at gmail.com
Wed May 14 19:25:27 EDT 2008

Greets,

I've managed our list from day one.  Should anyone have comments,
requests, etc. please feel free to email me directly.

Having said that, I've chosen not to moderate our list because, as
adults, I think we all can/should use our own moderation/discretion.
Yeah, things have flared up from time to time and, having been around
long enough, tend to see them all calm down again.

I, like Justin, have on occasion thought that others, who perhaps may
have joined our list in the middle of one of our "interesting
debates", may get intimidated or even discouraged at the prospect of
asking what may seem trivial to most of us.  Still, I've chosen not to
moderate.  If you follow my posts, you'll notice I either try to say
something helpful or just "hang back".  (Truth is, I'm deathly afraid
of showing my true ignorance.)  ;-)

Would anyone like to see a separate list, perhaps "chats at grlug.org"
where we can digress a topic?  If we wish to move far off from the
original post/request, we can simply Reply to original post, but send
to the other list instead.  For archiving purposes, it should help
those who google us searching for help from having to sift through
tons of irrelevant posts.

What do you guys think?

G-

P.S.  Yeah, I remember Van - Slack/KDE user and rocker (moved to AZ
[http://www.dedserius.com/]), Jim - GVSU SuSE/KDE linux advocate (I
believe he moved to Det area); and who could forget Ann - Redhat/Gnome
user?  She used to code Delphi for drive belt mechanisms at Xrite.
...trip down memory lane.