[GRLUG] fax server

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Mon May 12 18:07:04 EDT 2008

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 6:02 PM, Benjamin Flanders <flanderb at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 4:56 PM, Tim Schmidt <timschmidt at gmail.com> wrote:
>  > On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 4:40 PM, Phillip Hebenstreit
>  >  <phillip at phtconsulting.com> wrote:
>  >  > <div>hi everyone,</div>
>  >  > <div>&nbsp;</div>
>  >  > <div>Has anyone setup a fax server recently and if so could you make any recommendations to me?</div>
>  >  > <div>&nbsp;</div>
>  >  > <div>One feature I would really like, is the ability to have several friends email my mail server and then have the fax server send those as well.</div>
>  >  > <div>&nbsp;</div>
>  >  > <div>Normal Example (I believe):</div>
>  >  I'm sitting this one out.
>  Hehehe ...
>
>  Um yea.  What is up with all the div's?  What client does this?
>  G-mail does html formatting of e-mails, why doesn't it treat this as
>  an html formatted e-mail?
>
>  I know I am showing my ignorance here, but I am rather interested if
>  anyone knows off hand.

The client is sending an HTML email, and the mailing list software is
forcing a MIME type switch to a plaintext form...so the HTML code
shows up.

I wish the did something like strip HTML, or even let it pass through;
I'd be surprised if anyone on the list is using a client that can't do
some form of clean fallback for HTML emails.