[GRLUG] WPA2-Enterprise, RADIUS and Linux

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Sun May 11 04:50:28 EDT 2008

My wireless network is almost completely set-up.  Since my access
point can serve as AP to two SSIDs at the same time, with different
wireless and LAN settings for both, I've got it partitioned out.

On one hand, I've got a weak-security WEP network for guests and
family members with mobile devices that don't support WPA2.  On the
other hand, I've got a strong-security WPA2-Personal with frequent
group-key changes.  And since the AP support it, I've got the two
networks on mutually-exclusive subnets, with the AP/router providing
Internet service to both.

Since I can, I'd like to switch the stronger network to
WPA-Enterprise, and have it authenticate clients against my Linux
desktop's user accounts.  Which means I need to set up a RADIUS
server.

I haven't done that before...Any recommendations or caveats?