[GRLUG] Dell Openmanage and linux

Colin Vallance grlug at tankrip.com
Fri May 9 11:19:38 EDT 2008

Greg,

I think you hit the nail on the head for me, "more than some are
willing to do".  My current prod server sitting out in a data center
in CA has no remote monitoring at all.  I know if we notice that a
drive has failed or something we can call in a support ticket.  This
new box is going in to a coloc somewhere so I'm looking for a quick
heads up hardware heath status without much effort.  IF there are
other, open source, lighter weight options I'm more than willing to
give them a shot.  What I don't want to do is cobble something
inferior up that I'll spend any time at all maintaining.