[GRLUG] Split multiplage postscript into individual pages

Godwin geektoyz at gmail.com
Wed May 7 18:55:22 EDT 2008

Thanks John, I'm playing with "ps2pdf", "pdftk" and "pdftotext" with
output to standard out to do this:

1. convert original PS to PDF
2. Split PDF into individual files (pdftk infile.pdf burst)
3. Use pdftotext and send output to STDOUT to parse (with grep, awk,
etc.) for the desired string.

Now I just have to rename the PDF (single page) file then finally
convert to TIFF.  I need individual TIFF images named in such a way as
to have a 3rd party software import those and categorize them based on
their name - so that an in-house web-driven gui allows users to
process them.  Yeah, rather convoluted.  I think I'm on the right
track (for now).  I'll post again if I run into something.

Thanks all,
G-

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 6:33 PM, John J Foerch <jjfoerch at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Godwin writes:
>   > Oh, I can split/convert to PDF/TIFF alright.  The problem is that both
>   > PS and PDF output have (what I call) "binary" output like this:
>   >

>  Hi Godwin,
>
>  The terms I use are "vector format" and "rasterized format".  You
>  correctly observed that gs can only create rasterized output, because
>  its function is to render documents into bitmaps.  This terminology
>  may not be official, but it is commonly used in connection with
>  imagemagick, a program/library I use a lot.
>
>  Do you still need a way to convert vector-PS to vector-PDF, or are you set?
>
>  --
>  John Foerch

Ubber::Geek
http://grlug.org/