[GRLUG] Loose AC jack on Dell laptop repair

Tim Schmidt timschmidt at gmail.com
Sat May 3 14:53:26 EDT 2008

On Sat, May 3, 2008 at 6:49 PM, john-thomas richards <jtr at jrichards.org> wrote:
>  In what sense can a soldering iron be "forgiving?"  I am sure I am
>  showing my ignorance, but a soldering iron gets hot enough to melt
>  solder, right?  What is the scope of forgiveness here?

There are HUGE differences.  I won't claim to know what all of them
are, as I'm a novice myself...  all I can tell you is that I've owned
a few $15 cheapies, and worked with a $35 model, and two of the
Wellers, and the wellers are the only ones I've (with my limited
experience) been able to consistently get good results with.

--tim