[GRLUG] Local Support for Linux Desktops

Adam Tauno Williams adamtaunowilliams at gmail.com
Fri May 2 16:07:23 EDT 2008

> >  During the AIM West meeting on Open Source someone asked if anyone
> >  knew of a local vendor that offered support for Linux Desktops and no
> >  one knew of any.
> >  Does anyone on the list offer Linux support or know of anyone that does?

Define "support"?

> There's the Linux Box, but they're out of Detroit (I think).  They
> advertise on Michigan Radio.

I've seen a couple of presentations by Linux Box people.  It seems like
a very top-notch and high-end organization.  My *impression* is that
most of their work is server oriented (lots of Kerberos & AFS work).

The presentations I saw are both available form their site:
<http://linuxbox.com/drupal/files/downloads/tco-kalamazoo-itech.pdf> &
<http://linuxbox.com/drupal/files/downloads/LIDS.pdf>

--
Adam Tauno Williams, Network & Systems Administrator
Consultant - http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com