[GRLUG] Need help to stop BSOD

networkman at triton.net networkman at triton.net
Thu May 1 10:40:14 EDT 2008

Apologies, Professor, if you took offense at any of my comments.

The fact of the matter is, I am still primarily a Windows person, and yes,
I play a number of games too, primarily the "Rainbow Six Three" series,
most recently "Vegas", and while I've not seen any BSOD errors, I do
encounter in-game errors related to my ATI video card(in XP Pro, latest
drivers and patches, yada yada).

But, gamer or no, I still wouldn't take my Microsoft Windows issues to a
Linux Users Group for support.  I've no doubt that there are some very
talented individuals in this group - in fact, I've already seen that in
the work they've done and tried to provide thus far with the IPAQ & the
Geexbox software.  Still, those skills in a totally different OS may not
cross-over to games designed to run in another totally different OS.

If you want to find support for Vista & gaming, I suggest you let your
fingers do the walking as it were and let Google or some other search be
your friend for a while.  Anandtech, Tom's Hardware, and any number of
others sites have tons of forums geared specifically to your issues.  Use
them.

'Nuff said.

> thank you godwin, that's what I was look for help, most insult me
> about it, but only 3 helped me
>
> reason why people insult me because they have no idea how I felt about
> BSOD while I am gamer

< SNIP! >