[GRLUG] Xdmx support

Joe Royston Joe.Royston at WOODTV.COM
Wed Mar 26 16:51:22 EDT 2008

I am currently installing Xubuntu which uses Xfce.  Are there any other window managers that anyone knows of that might do this?

Joe Royston
Director
WOOD TV8, WOTV 4, WXSP
120 College SE
Grand Rapids, MI  49503
(616) 456-8888 ext. 4336

Message: 3
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 16:28:18 -0400
From: "Joe Royston" <Joe.Royston at WOODTV.COM>
Subject: [GRLUG] Xdmx support
To: <grlug at grlug.org>

First off, I am using Xdmx with a kubuntu (KDE) box and an ubuntu box (GNOME).  My end goal is to have 3 displays, running off of 3 different computers showing a single, unified video clip.  I am using Xdmx to accomplish this.  I have gotten Xdmx working on the first 2 boxes (third box will be up and running in a week or so) fine.

Here is the problem.  When I fullscreen the movie playing, it fullscreens to only 1 display.  Doing some research, it has to do with the window manager being 'xinerama aware'.  Does anyone know how to disable the window manager in KDE from being xinerama aware?

Joe Royston
Director
WOOD TV8, WOTV 4, WXSP
120 College SE
Grand Rapids, MI  49503
(616) 456-8888 ext. 4336

------------------------------

Message: 4
> First off, I am using Xdmx with a kubuntu (KDE) box and an ubuntu box
> (GNOME).  My end goal is to have 3 displays, running off of 3 different
> computers showing a single, unified video clip.  I am using Xdmx to
> accomplish this.  I have gotten Xdmx working on the first 2 boxes (third box
> will be up and running in a week or so) fine.
>
>  Here is the problem.  When I fullscreen the movie playing, it fullscreens
> to only 1 display.  Doing some research, it has to do with the window
> manager being 'xinerama aware'.  Does anyone know how to disable the window
> manager in KDE from being xinerama aware?

You might try using a different window manager, particularly if this
this is a single-purpose setup.

End of grlug Digest, Vol 24, Issue 40