[GRLUG] Printers

Ron Lauzon rlauzon at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 11:53:19 EDT 2008

Ben Rousch wrote:
> My ancient HP LaserJet 4 is dying, and the wife is clamoring for more
> color in her life. It seems like every printer these days is either a
> cheap piece of crap, an ink rip-off, or both. What do you all suggest
> for an infrequently used color printer?

I suggest checking out http://openprinting.org/printer_list.cgi

Personally, I really like my HP Deskjet 6940.  Quiet.  USB connected.
Works fine under Linux and relatively inexpensive.

--
Ron Lauzon - rlauzon at acm dot org
   Homepage: http://7lauzon.home.comcast.net/

   DNRC: Lord of All Things That Are Fattening

   "To be sure, conservative radio talk show hosts have a built-in
   audience unavailable to liberals: People driving cars to some
   sort of job." - Ann Coulter

Microsoft Free since July 06, 2001
Running Mandriva Linux 2007