[GRLUG] makes me want to ralph

George (Skip) VerDuin verduin at ameritech.net
Thu Mar 20 19:06:18 EDT 2008

Off base Steve?  Not in your worst dream.

On Thu, 2008-03-20 at 17:52 -0400, Steve Romanow wrote:
>>SNIP<<
> You set the price of your proucts at the market value, not bse on your cost.
Very much so, and what the market seems to have said is that linux is in
fact no more valuable than MS whatever.  I'm delighted to see some linux
variety hit a more mainstream market and I hope market share will
justify years of happy [profitable] linux sales for Dell.

>>SNIP<<
> What is the real value of a msft win license?
May I suggest that it simply keeps you out of court...
Perhaps it gains you access to update service, but mostly it reinforces
the idea that some product of others was "purchased" so it must be
valuable.  It is certainly valuable to others, and maybe costly to those
who don't honor the terms.  Read "Cathedral & Bazaar" lately?  Linux has
a license as well  --  just lots different.

OK?

Warmest regards from here,
George