[GRLUG] makes me want to ralph

George (Skip) VerDuin verduin at ameritech.net
Thu Mar 20 17:35:48 EDT 2008

Don't you find the "team" interesting Steve?

On Thu, 2008-03-20 at 16:45 -0400, Steve Romanow wrote:
> Coworker received this in the mail today...
>
> ---
> I wanted to inform you about an event that Microsoft and Dell are
> hosting
Microshaft is no surprise, but to partner with Dell?  Well... perhaps
not.  Dell recently adds linux option to the bundle at a higher price
than MS.  That stinks until Dells feet are held to the fire and they
modestly reduce price to pre-load Ubuntu.  I'll bet pricing is still
"creative bookwork" to promote MS products.

Hey - if you are a believer that Gates spent time in ivy league learning
how to develop software, I'd like to suggest that his education has been
pretty wanting.  On the other hand, if you observe that his education
has enabled him to identify an industry to hold hostage and the legal
paperwork to strangle competition so effectively that even the US gov't
can't mount a anti-trust action, then you and I share one view that his
education was outstanding.

>  in early April in Grand Rapids and Southfield.  I have held
> these at least annually for the last several years to great reviews.
> This is an opportunity to educate or refresh yourself on Microsoft
> licensing programs, products and offerings.
This is nothing more than a chat with their lawyers.  Who wants to
listen to lawyers?  It's all about revenue stream and that has not
changed in 45 years...

Let's just hit the antacid jar?

Warmest regards from here,
George