[GRLUG] Choice of MB - Trouble Installing

rh90p at comcast.net rh90p at comcast.net
Wed Jun 4 01:06:09 EDT 2008

The CUV4X-DLS and the P3V4X both have Award BIOS, the A8V has American Megatrends.  They are all 3 ASUS boards and they all 3 have VIA chipsets.

I also had a Tyan Tiger 133 which is also a VIA chipset.  I would not install any Linux after Fedora 2.

As I said before, in text mode I get a kernel panic after selecting keyboard.  In graphics mode it hangs, probably in the same spot.

From: JD Walsh III <jd.walsh at comcast.net>