[GRLUG] telephony shake-up again

George (Skip) VerDuin verduin at ameritech.net
Wed Feb 27 12:03:22 EST 2008

AArrrgg...

On Wed, 2008-02-27 at 06:48 -0500, Collin wrote:
> George (Skip) VerDuin wrote:
> > Just as we discuss Asterisk in meeting and as I get ready to buy the
> > hardware to make it happen in my home, along comes a new hardware that
> > jumps the game to another level:
> >   see for example  www.openspeak.com
This is a spelling error -- rather than retyping I should have
cut-n-paste.

The ref comes from Linux Journal March 2008, page 41 "New Products".
The site is www.openpeak.com, I visited it before writing and found
product info but not price and availability.  My guess is that the
device is based on a single board Linux embedded system.  These things
aren't going to show up in Best Buy for a while, they will be bundled by
orgs like Verison as noted by Steve earlier.

I'm very sorry for my mis-queue.

Warmest regards from here,
George