[GRLUG] Meetings

Casey DuBois cdubois at n-vint.com
Fri Feb 22 14:46:47 EST 2008

Hello GRLUG,

Thank you to all that attended and participated last night.

Please mark your calendars for Thursday March 13th for our next GRLUG Meeting (could someone please post this date to the WIKI?).
E-mail me with suggested Topics of discussion so I can start compiling a list (looking for home/fun Linux topics).

Some of the improvements we discussed:
More home/fun linux uses
Update WIKI and use it more.
Video Taping meetings for web posting (I forgot the camera for last night's meeting but will have for the next one).
Internet access during meetings (I've got this one covered)

Here are Links to some other local groups that may be of interest:
www.gr-issa.org<http://www.gr-issa.org/>
GR-ISSA is a local chapter of the international Information Systems Security Association (or ISSA). GR-ISSA provides local security professionals and practitioners a variety of information security resources ranging from presentations and knowledge sharing to social networking opportunities. This site is dedicated to the Grand Rapids, Michigan chapter of ISSA. GR-ISSA was founded in 2003. For information about the parent international ISSA organization, you are encouraged to visit www.issa.org<http://www.issa.org>.

www.xpwestmichigan.org<http://www.xpwestmichigan.org/>
XP West Michigan is a 501c6 non-profit trade association dedicated to improving the competitiveness of Michigan's software development community. We are particularly interested in disseminating knowledge of agile software development practices. XPwm was founded by Atomic Object<http://atomicobject.com/> in the fall of 2003.
We meet regularly on the 4th Tuesday of each month, excepting December and summer months. Membership and attendance at meetings is free.
We organize an annual conference, the Great Lakes Software Excellence Conference<http://glsec.org/>
A board of directors<http://xpwestmichigan.org/pages/Board+of+Directors> organizes meetings and arranges for speakers and activities. Our goal is the least organizational overhead that will produce excellent meetings.
Corporate sponsors are essential to have nice meeting places, snacks, and speakers from out-of-town. We encourage sponsorship of GLSEC as a means of supporting the organization. We typically have between 30 and 60 people at our monthly meetings.

www.grandrapids.freetoasthost.ws<http://www.grandrapids.freetoasthost.ws/>
Grand Rapids Toastmasters - Toastmasters is a safe and friendly place where you can develop and improve your communication and leadership skills. Some of us are seasoned professional speakers, but nearly a third of the members of Grand Rapids Toastmasters have less than a year of experience. Grand Rapids Toastmasters meet weekly on Tuesday nights from 6:30 - 8:30 pm. Our meetings are held inside Baker Book House in the rear-office located just off East Paris Ave.  Visitors are always welcome, and we look foreword to meeting with you!
As a guest, you won't be required to speak unless you want to.

Sincerely,
Casey M. DuBois
N-VINT, Inc.
3240 Hanna Lake Industrial Park Dr. SE, Caledonia, MI 49316
616-656-5500 Office
866-337-2686 Direct
AOL IM: CaseyNVINT
cdubois at n-vint.com<mailto:cdubois at n-vint.com>

"To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer."