[GRLUG] live cd on vista?

Faeren Madza faeren at faeren.com
Sun Feb 17 11:57:27 EST 2008

Hey Topher,

I suppose your success with it would depend on what's wrong with the
Windows OS. As others have mentioned, BartPE or any other flavor of
Windows PE really...you can think of them as Windows live discs.
Although you;re looking at a limited set of utilities compared to a
full-fledged Linux live disc, it has enough to manage files,
mount/edit registry hives, analyze crashes, clone hard drives, burn
discs, scan for viruses, mount a network location as a share to
copy/move data to...etc.

In truth, you can use the PE builder to add whatever plugins/utilities
you would like. It even has a cool feature that will let you transfer
your PE image on to a USB stick and make it bootable.

I think I have an ISO somewhere that I created a couple of years back.
If you're unable to create your own, let me know and I'll find it for
you.

Faeren.