[GRLUG] live cd on vista?

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 15:33:25 EST 2008

So long as you've set BIOS to boot from CD before booting from the
hard drive, Vista won't get in the way of booting.

I don't *believe* Vista's NTFS is significantly incompatible with XP's
NTFS, but I'm not sure; You should check the compatibility list for
the version of ntfs-3g you'll be using.  At work, we normally use
BartPE for recovering Windows boxes, and tools designed around WinXP's
NTFS seem to work just fine with Vista Ultimate.