[GRLUG] Off-Topic: Small favor to ask for my dad

Benjamin Eavey ben at eavey.com
Tue Feb 12 18:44:57 EST 2008

Hello GRLUGgers,

Sorry for this mini-spam, and I hope this isn't abusing the group too
much, but here goes...

I spent a lot of years trying to get my dad back into computers, and he
finally did it, which is great.  He started on Apple IIe machines 20
years ago, but after they died out, so did his interest in computers.
Now he's back at it again, which is cool, and I want to support his
habit.  :)

Anyway, he entered a photo contest, and he needs people to rate his
photo and comment on it so he has a shot at winning.  And he needs your
help today.  It's actually a pretty good photo.  Anyway, if you're
willing, go here:

http://www.snapseeker.com/entry/deadly-beauty

Rate the photo and say something nice.  Again, I know this might be
abusing the group a little bit, but I'm just excited to see him trying
this out.  If you want to flail me, I understand.

Thanks, everybody...

-Ben in Kentwood