[GRLUG] Self introduction and plea

George (Skip) VerDuin verduin at ameritech.net
Mon Feb 11 23:37:18 EST 2008

May I look fwd to meeting you in a couple days Steve?

On Mon, 2008-02-11 at 08:32 -0500, Steve Romanow wrote:
>>SNIP<<
> There is nothing intrinsically about linux that ties it to hardware. I
> had a gentoo webserver install that I physically moved must've been 5
> times, even changed arch from intel to amd. I just had to have the
> modules for the chipset and drive controllers available. You do not want
> to do disk io with the settings for your old motherboard. do an lspci
> and make sure that the modules selected are appropriate for your new
> hardware.
lspci is new to me, I'm liking what I see.  Well now -- here may be the
crux of my problem(?): while the lspci [with various parm sets] all
looks "normal" to me I wonder if I would *recognize* if it was in fact
demonstrating a flaw...

There is no substitute for experience -- I am limited at this depth:-(

>>SNIP<<
> Cool, neat experience. Did you see we are getting together this Thursday
> in Caledonia?
The map looks straight forward enough...

> Steve

Warmest regards from here,
Skip