[GRLUG] Now I;m getting a bit ticked.

Greg Folkert greg at gregfolkert.net
Sun Dec 28 14:03:10 EST 2008

Comcast is setting up an "iBone"

In general this is good. Except for when they have static routes and one
of the routes they have forced everything through is currently rejecting
traffic due to ECN and a DDoS on the end point router they are
targeting.

In fact, its bad because they are not using the standard advertising
protocols to help get through these things without blockage or being cut
off.

Like Right Now.

I cannot get to my server in Troy, Michigan from Comcast here in GRR.

I can get to work's set of IPs.

>From Work, I can easily get to my server in Troy, Michigan.

I cannot get my home machine from my server in Troy, Michigan.

GRRR. I swear, if I had a few hundred million, I'd do a new regional ISP
or something!
greg at gregfolkert.net
PGP key 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Alternate Fingerprint: 455F E104 22CA  29C4 933F 9505 2B79 2AB2